3040 E. Grand Blvd, Suite 101. Detroit, MI 48202
(248) 712-2006

Tenant FAQ

Tenants can visit their online Resident portal to submit a maintenance request. You can also contact the property manager or call the maintenance department at (248) 302-1008.

How To Become A Tenant

In order to rent from Reserve Management Company, you have to be 18 or older and you’ll have to follow the steps described in the rental application. You will also have to pay an application fee for any other adult occupants on the application. If your tenancy is approved, you’ll be required to pay a deposit and  a lease will need to be signed. Units will not be held without a deposit.

How Is Rent Paid?

We accept rental payments via an online portal. Payments are made electronically.

How Do You Report A Repair That Needs To Be Done?

Tenants can visit their online Resident portal to submit a maintenance request. You can also contact the property manager or call the maintenance department at (248) 302-1008. Upon move-in, you’ll be provided with emergency contractor contact information. If you’re dealing with an emergency and it’s after-hours, you’ll have the ability to directly contact the applicable contractor.

What’s Considered an Emergency?

An emergency is a problem that causes safety hazards to those who occupy the unit or if there is something that has to be fixed right away. An example of an emergency is a toilet that’s overflowing or a pipe that has broke. Another example is if there is an electrical short that came from out of nowhere. However, you want to contact the appropriate professionals in the event of a gas leak or electrical shortage. For example, contact the gas company for gas leaks or  the electrical company for a power outage. The operator will determine whether or not you are dealing with a true emergency and then an emergency vendor will be contacted if you are having an emergency.

Will You Be Notified When A Repair Person Is Coming To Your Home?

Reserve Management gives tenants 24 hours notice, unless you have specifically told us it is ok for a vendor to enter your unit on an as-available basis. You are not required to be present, but you are required to provide access to your unit for the purpose of repairs. If we suspect there is an emergency, such as a broken pipe, then we do not have to give you a notice to enter your unit.

What If You Don’t Pay Rent?

If we do not receive your rent on the due date, then we may serve you a legal notice to pay or request you to leave the unit or house. If you fail to pay rent before the notice expires and you refuse to leave, then we will start eviction proceedings. Before you leave town, and if it’s before rent is due, then make sure you pay it in full. People are not excused from paying rent when they are out of town. It does not matter what personal problems or circumstances people are dealing with, they are still required to pay their rent in full, on the date it is due, which is generally the first of each month. This is specified in the lease agreements we provide our tenants. If there are any issues regarding your ability to pay rent, then contact the property manager.

What If You Want Another Person To Move In?

You must receive written permission of Reserve Management Company, and the person you want to move in must be approved as a tenant. Also, your rent may increase due to the presence of another resident. Furthermore, if you have someone move in and you didn’t receive written permission, then you may be faced with an eviction or your rent may increase. You could be faced with both of those actions.

What If Your Neighbor Plays Loud Music At Night?

If your neighbor is playing loud music at night and if they are violating house rules, then you should speak with them, but keep the tone friendly. You may want to let your neighbor know that you can hear their music at night and you are unable to go to sleep because of it. They may not be aware that you can’t sleep or that their music is too loud. If the behavior persists, then inform management. Management will contact the tenant and if the behavior continues after that, then contact management again. Further steps may be taken by management. If the neighbor is throwing a loud party at night and you feel there is nothing you can do about it, then contact the local police department.

Can You Make Changes To The Unit?

Before you attempt to repaint the unit or make changes, you need to get written permission by Reserve Management Company. You can hang artwork and paintings, but before you vacate the unit, you will need to repair the holes. Any renovation is not allowed, and this includes replacing your carpet or installing new appliances, flooring and things of that nature. Also, do not install a satellite dish or antenna on the roof because you need permission to do this or you may be faced with fees as a result of damage to the roof.

What Happens If You Lose The Keys?

You can contact the office and receive a new set of keys. If it’s after hours, call a local locksmith. A locksmith will then come out and replace your keys.

Length Of Leases

All leases require you to stay there for at least one year. The only exception is if management noted something differently, but generally speaking the length of the lease are for one year.


Unless noted, pets are not allowed in the unit. Reserve Management Company manages other people’s properties. It’s up to clients whether or not they allow pets. Rental ads will mention whether or not pets are allowed.


Properties managed by Reserve Management Company are smoke free. You are not allowed to smoke on the premises.

January 7, 2020